Things may be heating up outside, but not so at the Museum of the Earth in Ithaca, New York. Adirondack Studios recently worked with the museum on their new glacier exhibit. We would like to congratulate the museum on its new installation and their 10 year anniversary. Please support them and visit their website for more information. While you are at it, check out the article below.
Job Title: Electrical Fabricator
Job Description: Fabricating the electrical systems for a custom scenery fabricator.
Reports to: Electrical Foreman
• Provide mechanical and electrical fabrication for automation, control, and specialty lighting circuitry
• Ensure product meets appropriate standards and designs
• Consult with Electrical Foreman for design modifications and work together to document those changes
• Assisting the Electrical Foreman with tasks of the Electrics Dept.
• Substitute for the Foreman in their absence
• Travel for company business as required
• Other tasks as assigned
• Understanding of AC & DC electrical theory
• Comfort with electronic and power circuits
• Ability to read and understand complex system schematic and mechanical drawings
• Ability to trouble-shoot, amend, or augment designs as needed
• Ability to solder, rework, & repair
• Willingness to produce within shifting schedules and tight deadlines
• Ability to juggle multiple projects in various stages of production
• Computer skills including MS Excel, Word, Outlook.
• Experience with AutoCAD or SolidWorks
• Diverse problem solving abilities
• Experience designing, building, troubleshooting custom electronics
• Experience with systems integration, Audio, Video, Lighting, and/or Show Control within an entertainment environment
• Experience programming PLCs and motor controllers/VFDs
• Knowledge of or experience with UL508a, UL48, NFPA 70/NEC
Please send resume to email@example.com
TEA AWARDS GALA
Recently our Vice President of Business Development, Michael Blau and our Director of Project Administration, Matt Reardon attended the THEA awards gala in LA. Adirondack Studios was proud to be a part of the many creative minds that worked long and hard to give us the Transformers ride in Hollywood and Singapore. Check out the link below.
TEA ASIAN PACIFIC DIVISION
The TEA’s presence in Asia is gaining momentum and Adirondack Studios is happy to lend a hand with our experiences in this part of the world. With his keen understanding of Asian culture and markets Louis Allen has been appointed to the intern Asia division board to assist guiding the TEA down a prosperous path in its formation stages. Thanks to everyone at TEA who has been involved with this movement! Have a look at the article below.
TEA East Division Mixer
Adirondack Studios is pleased to be co-sponsoring a networking event in NYC at Essex (120 Essex Street, NYC www.essexnyc.com). Co-sponsors are Lucce group (http://www.lucegroup.com/) and Electrosonic (http://www.electrosonic.co.uk/). See link for more details.
- In conjunction with Production Manager and Technical Director, establish and maintain a schedule for specific projects, and publish weekly updates for analysis and review by in-house personnel as well as clients. Coordinate this with company master production schedule.
- Support daily project operations in formatting, processing, implementing and documenting communications relevant to the progress of each project, including change order protocol and project close-out documentation.
- Evaluate, solicit, engage and disengage subcontractors, vendors, and non-production personnel as required to expedite project deliverables.
- Track project budgets with weekly spending projections, and report any deviations or procedural modifications on a regular or immediate basis as needed.
- Assist sales with estimating and advice on methodology and project formatting as directed by VP of Project Administration.
- Serve the project as the primary liaison between the customer and ASI.
- Coordinate project meetings and reviews with Production Manager, Technical Director and project appropriate personnel. Record and publish notes, minutes and action items resulting from these events.
- Contribute to staff and production meetings as required.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years project management experience (5 to 7 years preferred), managing theatrical show set, amusement park, general construction projects valued at $50,000 to $1,000,000
- Proficient with MS Word and MS Excel.
- Gant Chart / MS Project experience preferred
- Excellent Interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to travel for project installations inside and outside the US
Adirondack Studios is a customer fabricator/design-build vendor specializing in thematic environments including: theatrical scenery, museum exhibits and theme park attractions including special effects and show action equipment. Please visit www.adkstudios.com for more details.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org