As we continue to grow, Adirondack Studios (ADKS) is hiring an experienced Architectural Designer/BIM Coordinator.
Our company designs, builds, and installs the scenic and themed environments you experience in venues that range from theme parks to casinos, museums, live shows, retail, and public art. We have been in business since 1975 and our work is seen around the world. This is rewarding work with a company that is a substantial force in the Themed Entertainment industry.
- As an Architectural Designer/BIM Coordinator with Adirondack Studios, you will work directly under lead designers to bring life to extraordinary conceptual designs. These designs range from napkin sketches all the way to fully developed 3D models. Throughout this design process, we collaborate with third party engineers, ADKS production and creative departments, clients, and vendors in order to produce quality Fabrication and Installation drawings used by our production shops all over the world. This position includes managing BIM coordination requirements stated by our clients.
Desired skills and expertise:
- Minimum 1 year of Architectural Design and BIM coordination required.
- Ability to read and decipher drawings from multiple disciplines. Architecture, Structural, Electrical, HVAC, etc.
- Solid base of experience in AutoCAD 2D & 3D, Revit and Navisworks.
- Basic experience in Inventor is desired but not required. In house Inventor training will be included as part of our ongoing software modernization.
- Experience working in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel).
- Strong visual, verbal, and written communication skills are required. Team player that can directly collaborate with members of our own ADKS team and clients.
- Vacation Accrual
- Participation in company medical, dental, and vision insurance plan, following 90 Days of employment.
- Participation in the company’s Long-Term Disability Insurance. This is at no cost to the employee.
- Participation in ADKS 401K plan following 90 days of continuous employment and then at open enrollment.
- Participation in the ADKS Profit Sharing Plan following 3 years of employment and then at open enrollment.
Please submit: Resume, Portfolio (or website), Cover Letter, and three references when applying.
This position will be headquartered out of Argyle, New York (1 hour north of Albany and 30 minutes from Saratoga Springs).
Adirondack Studios is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for this full time, hourly position without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are sure you will find Adirondack Studios an amazing place to work and look forward to hearing from you.