Business Development Representative – Themed Entertainment
Adirondack Studios (ADKS), a world leader in the design, fabrication and installation of entertainment, retail and cultural experiences, and with offices in upstate New York, Pasadena, Orlando, Dubai and Shanghai, is searching for an experienced Business Development Representative for its Themed Entertainment vertical to identify potential leads and build and maintain new and existing client relationships.
Working in conjunction with ADKS’ Business Development, Sales & Global Marketing groups, the Business Development Representative will help the company expand its Themed Entertainment business sector, identifying new sales opportunities, qualifying potential leads and serving as an overall ADKS brand ambassador. The role will also build and maintain long-lasting new and potential relationships with existing clients, helping them transform their dreams into destinations. This position reports to the Director of Business Development and offers strong professional growth and advancement potential.
- Develop and implement forward-thinking business development plan, including new market development and strategic partner development, to advance sales in the themed entertainment space
- Qualify projects, ensuring ADKS is able to successfully deliver a project based on the scope of work; evaluate contract risks and advise company executives as to whether the work is suitable for ADKS’ skillset
- Actively contribute ideas and present reports at weekly, monthly and annual sales meetings, as well as at regular staff, administrative and executive meetings
- Utilize CRM system daily for accurate lead tracking and opportunity progress reporting
- Research and attend industry tradeshows and conferences to increase others’ knowledge of the ADKS brand and gather information that may lead to new or expanded opportunities
- Communicate and collaborate regularly with Project Delivery group to monitor the status of ongoing projects, resolve any potential client or internal team challenges and ensure punctual accounts receivable
- Act as a client advocate – maintain relationships, listen to and communicate client needs and help effectively implement design and fabrication choices that are in line with the client’s vision and success criteria
- Serve as a brand ambassador for ADKS, assisting the Global Marketing group with branding and marketing initiatives as necessary/appropriate
- 3-5 years’ Business Development, Sales, Marketing, Project Management or Design experience, preferably in a themed entertainment, theatrical or live experience environment
- Proven track record of achieving sales quotas and targets
- A “black book” of potential leads and sales opportunities immediately available for ADKS outreach upon hire
- Strategic thinker who is eager to accept challenges, identify new methods of engagement and pivot their strategy as necessary
- Strong cultural competency and ability to tailor outreach approaches to diverse constituencies
- A reputation for establishing and maintaining positive relationships with clients and partners
- Innate ability to identify a qualified lead and determine which projects are a best fit for ADKS’ capabilities and workload
- Strong business acumen with a high standard of personal integrity and professionalism
- Collaborative nature with the ability to work successfully with cross-functional teams
- Excellent storytelling, influencing and communication skills to captivate potential leads
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and capable of balancing frequently shifting priorities
- Knowledge of Salesforce preferred
- Valid passport with flexibility and willingness to travel to ADKS’ global offices and/or conferences as necessary
- Paid vacation
- Participation in company medical, dental and vision insurance plan following 90 Days of employment.
- Participation in the company’s Long Term Disability Insurance following 12 months of employment. This is at no cost to the employee.
- Participation in ADKS 401K plan following 90 Days of continuous employment and then at open enrollment.
- Participation in the ADKS Profit Sharing Plan following 3 years of continuous employment and then at open enrollment.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please submit: Resume, cover letter and three references when applying.
This position will be headquartered out of Orlando, Florida, approximately 25 minutes from the major theme parks and 10 minutes from the Orlando International Airport.
Adirondack Studios is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for this full time, salary position without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.