Adirondack Studios looking to add energetic and artistic scenic carpenters to our growing team. This team member must be a problem solver and hold proficiency to assist in building themed scenic elements for a variety of entertainment projects including but not limited to Opera, Theme Park, Museum, Public Art and Live Entertainment. This is a great opportunity to use your carpentry skill set to bring smiles to people’s faces.
- Ability to read blueprints, shop and construction drawings and extract information including material requirements and dimensions
- General hand and power tool proficiency is required
- Performing layout preparation using measurement tools
- Safe operation and knowledge of hand and power tools as well as typical woodshop equipment.
- 2 years’ carpentry experience
- Ability to problem solve
- Knowledge of special surfaces, laminates, and veneers. Able to work with metals, plastics and other composite materials to build and repair scenic elements
- Efficient materials usage knowledge
- Ability to work in a safe, positive manner showing respect to others and contributing to the team
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Knowledge of jigs and other time-saving efficiency techniques
- Professional Theatre set construction and/or television or Motion Picture experience
- Millwork experience a plus
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic with a willingness to work both on a team and individually when necessary
- Enthusiasm to learn and advance your career
- Promote a safe and clean work environment (including being vocal about what you don’t know to avoid injury)
- Able to follow manufacturing instruction and understand processes
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings
- Must practice PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) policies as mandated. (Use of safety glasses/goggles, respirator, hearing protection, etc.)
- Must comply with company, industry and product safety guidelines
- Maintain daily labor and material use tracking records
Benefits include (fulltime employees):
- Vacation Accrual: 4% of hourly compensation accumulated annually, payable in March of each year or within 30 days of end of employment. Accrual begins after initial 1000 hours worked.
- Participation in ADK Studios 401K plan following 90 days of employment and then at quarterly enrollment periods.
- Health Insurance offered to fulltime employees following a standard waiting period.
- Participation in the ADK Studios Profit Sharing Plan following 3 years of employment. Employee must work a minimum of 1000 hours per calendar year and ADKS reaching financial goals
This position will be located in our Orlando Florida Shop 4840 Hoffner Ave. Orlando, FL. 32812.
Shift is anticipated as Monday – Friday 6:30am – 2:45pm
Adirondack Studios is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for this full time, hourly position without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
ADKS is always ready to meet talented and enthusiastic people to help us grow our business! We accept applications and portfolios at any time.
We are sure you will find Adirondack Studios an amazing place to work and we look forward to hearing from you.