Adirondack Studios (ADKS) is hiring an experienced Creative Designer with a track record of taking ownership and delivering!
Our company designs, builds, and installs the scenic and themed environments you experience in venues that range from theme parks to casinos, museums, live shows, retail, and public art. We have been in business for over 45 years and our work is seen worldwide. This is rewarding work with a company that is a substantial force in our industry.
Desired skills and expertise:
- Designer fulfills project requirements such as drawings, renderings, models, narratives, sketches, and schematic documentation
- Training or employment in fields such as architecture, theater, themed entertainment, industrial design, or other relevant filed is required
- Familiarity with spatial design, custom fabrication methods and materials is preferred
- Work collaboratively with design team, other departments, clients, and vendors
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite Photoshop, Illustrator and/or InDesign is required
- 3D modelling experience in Rhino and/or Sketchup is strongly preferred.
- AutoCAD, 3D Studio Max, and/or Maya experience is favorable
- Personal Time accrual of 1 hour for every 30 hours worked immediately upon hire
- Vacation Accrual: 4% of hourly compensation accumulated annually, payable in March of each year or within 30 days of end of employment. Accrual begins after initial 1000 hours worked
- Participation in ADK Studios 401K plan following 90 days of employment and then at quarterly enrollment periods
- Participation in ADK Studios Medical, Dental, and Vision plans upon 90 days of full-time employment
- Participation in ADK Studios Long-Term Disability insurance following 1 year of employment. This is at no cost to the employee
- Participation in the ADK Studios Profit Sharing Plan following 3 years of employment. Employee must work a minimum of 1000 hours per calendar year
This position will be headquartered out of Argyle NY (1 hour north of Albany, NY and 30 minutes from Saratoga Springs, NY).
Adirondack Studios is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for this full time position without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are sure you will find Adirondack Studios an amazing place to work and look forward to hearing from you.