We design, build, and install the scenic and themed environments you experience in venues that range from theme parks to casinos, museums, live shows, retail, and public art. We have been in business for over 45 years and our work is seen worldwide. This is rewarding work with a company that is a substantial force in our industry.
The successful candidate will provide leadership to all Production related operations. The successful new hire will work with executives, directors, project managers, and salesman to maintain the Production facility in Argyle, NY at full capacity and to advise and provide solutions for work that exceeds that capacity.
Regular tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Manage production workflow to keep the production departments running at capacity.
- Manage Argyle, NY Production workflow toward the goal of on time delivery
- Establish and enforce quality standards for production work
- Manage production projects to meet established budgets
- Build strong working relationships with customers and with other ADKS groups
- Motivate team members to deliver exceptional work and exceed ADKS and client expectations
- Maintain all production related documentation for future use
- Report to sales department on capacity of the shops.
- Organize and conduct weekly production meetings with departmental foremen to assess and report on the financial health of production jobs.
- Attend weekly client meetings with project managers as needed.
- Assist in identifying and vetting vendors to perform turnkey projects when necessary due to capacity issues or a need to augment services.
- Assist sales in the qualification and estimation of work that could be performed by the shop.
- In conjunction with designers, review drawings and advise on ways to simplify and improve designs to reduce costs and speed up production.
- In conjunction with Production Manager and departmental foremen, assess and rebalance work between departments to manage capacity.
- Advise designers, salesmen, and technicians on the best means and methods to achieve the desired product.
- Advise designers, project managers, and installers on best methods for installing shop-built products.
- Assist the Vice President of Production in improving and expanding the capabilities of the shops as well as developing annual production budgets to meet those goals.
- Engage and disengage departmental staff as required.
- Foster education and training of production staff
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Participation in company medical, dental, and vision insurance plan, following 90 Days of employment. Option for a zero-cost medical plan for the employee and his/her family. (employee is responsible for the deductible). Also 2 other medical plan options.
- Participation in company’s Long Term Disability Insurance following 6 months of employment. This is at no cost to the employee.
- Participation in ADKS 401K plan following 1 year of continuous employment and then at open enrollment.
- Participation in the ADKS Profit Sharing Plan following 3 years of employment.
This position is located in Argyle, NY which is 1 hour north of Albany, NY and 30 minutes from Saratoga Springs, NY.
Adirondack Studios encourages diverse applicants to apply.
We are sure you will find Adirondack Studios an amazing place to work and look forward to hearing from you.