Adirondack Studios is hiring additional Handling Packaging and Load Out (HPLO) personnel to fuel our business growth. The primarily obligation of this role is to ensure proper packaging and load-out of our custom scenery to locations all over the world. This position will be a replacement for an existing position and reports directly to the HPLO manager.
Duties: Our HPLO employees compile, scan, seal and load various custom packages and crates before they’re delivered to our clients. They are also responsible to receive raw materials and shipments from our vendors. Main duties include protecting custom scenery, placing items into packages/crates, confirming packaging label/destination and lifting and loading heavy packages into trucks. Other duties include…
- Manually move material from one place to another
- Pack finished product in boxes/crates by hand and keep a record of the items packed and shipped
- Communicate with co-workers, project managers and clients to ensure the safe and on-time delivery of finished goods
- Handle physically demanding movements like pushing, pulling, bending down and lifting of packages
- Responsible for handling packages without dropping or damaging them
- Fork Truck operation and safety
- Assist in building custom crates (light carpentry skills)
- Manual palette jack and motorized palette jack experience
- Expedite and receive Fed-Ex, UPS, USPS, DHL (and others) shipments and paperwork tracking for same
- Safely move product both between and within departments
- Support receiving custom deliveries and accurate distribution throughout the building
- Maintain packaging materials inventory
- Help secure building/loading docks at the end of the day
- Vacation Accrual
- Participation in company medical, dental, and vision insurance plan, following 90 Days of employment. ADKS offers 3 different levels of Medical Insurance. Our lowest tier insurance only costs the employee $7 per week for family coverage
- Participation in company’s Long Term Disability Insurance following 1 year of continuous employment. This is at no cost to the employee
- Participation in ADKS 401K plan following 1 year of continuous employment and then at open enrollment
- Participation in the ADKS Profit Sharing Plan following 3 years of employment
This position will be located in Argyle New York (1 hour north of Albany and approximately 30 minutes from Saratoga Springs and Glens Falls). Shift is anticipated as Monday – Friday 7:00am – 3:30pm
Adirondack Studios is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for this full time hourly position without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are sure you will find Adirondack Studios an amazing place to work and we look forward to hearing from you.