LOCATION: This salary position will be headquartered out of Argyle, New York (1 hour north of Albany and 30 minutes from Saratoga Springs).
Adirondack Studios (ADKS) is proud to announce we are seeking an energetic and responsible person to manage the installation of our products in the US and abroad.
For over 45 years, Adirondack Studios has provided creative solutions for designers, artists, producers, and owners across the entire themed entertainment, commercial property, arts and museum markets. With our culture rooted in theatrical production, Adirondack Studios is a collaborative partner that focuses on story and guest experience by examining thoughtful design solutions, innovative methods and materials, and out-of-the-box thinking. We excel from concept design through fabrication, installation and final commissioning. We are proud of the service we provide, helping our clients bring their vision to life.
If you are a motivated, goal oriented person who enjoy the challenges of our fast paced, creative industry, then ADKS may be the right place for you.
The primary goal of the position is to oversee the installation of the work we produce. You’ll work closely with our project managers, subcontractors and installation supervisors to plan the individual installations with an eye towards safe, quality installations that meet client needs, and budgetary expectations. You will also work with our estimating and design teams to help plan work as it is being proposed as part of the bidding process to ensure proper values are included in ADKS proposals.
Why Should You Apply?
- Work with a world class, international entertainment design and fabrication company
- Help grow ADKS that can lead toward advancement opportunities
- Guide a well establish company looking to expand our horizons in an ever growing and evolving market
- Work in the US and around the World
- Work in a fun, creative environment with an energetic team
- Self-driven (Motivated), strategic thinker who can think on their feet
- Plan installations from start to finish while anticipating challenges and obstacles with a plan to address them while supporting the overall project needs
- Proactive and responsible, adaptable and eager to accept challenges, excellent communicator and team player
- Experienced in installations of a variety of custom fabricated equipment
- English as a primary language and located or able to relocate to Upstate New York and willing to travel
- Develop installation plans, including supervisor identification and hiring in conjunction with individual Project Managers
- Assist with local labor sourcing, installation subcontractors and site planning
- Guide client’s toward more efficient installation plans as related to ADKS work
- Work with PM’s on Installation crew calls and cost planning within project budgets
- Meet with PM’s as needed to provide installation support
- Guide early design and estimation efforts that allow for better installation methods on projects.
- Oversee ADKS Site safety program
- Review drawings with PM and Site supervisors to ensure that tools and install hardware is properly selected and ordered within project budgets
- Assist with Site Surveys as required
- Oversee Subcontractor fabrication and QC efforts, to make sure that vendor efforts meet client and ADKS requirements
- Function as Working Site Supervisor if required
- Support Sales during bids with installation support planning
- Support early project design development by reviewing methodology and drawings, focusing on how builds impact site installs. Recommend fabrication adjustments to maximize install efficiency
- Travel throughout the US and abroad to assist in the smooth execution of contracts, new and existing client outreach and communication and projects with the local ADKS team members
- Paid Vacation
- Participation in ADK Studios 401K plan following 90 days of employment and then at quarterly enrollment periods
- Participation in ADK Studios Medical, Dental, and Vision plans upon 90 days of full-time employment
- Participation in ADK Studios Long-Term Disability insurance following 1 year of employment. This is at no cost to the employee
- Participation in the ADK Studios Profit Sharing Plan following 3 years of employment. Employee must work a minimum of 1000 hours per calendar year
- Participation in company sponsored training and education programs
Adirondack Studios is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for this full time position without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are sure you will find Adirondack Studios an amazing place to work and look forward to hearing from you.