Primary obligation: Design, direct, and support Adirondack Studios’ design projects with a focus on Engineering, Structural and Technical Design Development.
Reports directly to: Creative Director
Oversees: Project design staff as required.
Computer Skills: AutoCAD, Rhino, Revit, Microsoft Office proficiency required. Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator, SketchUp is favorable.
Regular tasks, including, but not limited to:
- A guiding role in overall project(s) technical scope of work is expected with emphasis on design development and Construction Development phases of work.
- Fulfill customer needs by providing creative, thorough, accurate, and professional design deliverables including but not limited to design drawings, renderings, models, narratives, sketches, schematics, shop drawings, and as-built documentation as required.
- Role requires self-management to satisfy assigned design deliverables including directing less senior design staff as needed.
- Work with internal and external project staff to outline expectations, schedule, meetings, matrices, etc.
- Identify and manage out of house designers and consultants to support project needs.
- Guiding role in overall project scope to achieve company standards and project goals.
- A comprehensive knowledge of project scope and status is expected in this role.
- Represent Adirondack Studios and its commitment to producing excellent product and service during client interaction.
- Direct client interface including setting client expectations and deliverables within project scope as well as functioning as design department representation at meetings.
- Promote the concept of quality control within the organization and its subcontractors.
- Travel as required to support project goals.
This is a full time position in Argyle, NY — close to Glens Falls and Saratoga Springs, and commutable from Albany, NY.
Thank you for your interest in our outstanding and dynamic company. We truly are a great place to be. When applying, include your resume and pertinent supplemental information.