Adirondack Studios (ADKS) is hiring for our growing Logistics department and is looking for individuals with experience in leading a team of freight handling employees for scenic entertainment environments and who have a track record of taking ownership and delivering. If you are an experienced manager in search of a new and exciting workplace or an experienced loader looking to grow in a familiar field, Adirondack Studios wants to hear from you.
Our company designs, builds, and installs the scenic and themed environments you experience in venues that range from theme parks to casinos, museums, live shows, retail, and public art. We have been in business since 1975 and our work is seen worldwide. This is rewarding work with a company that is a substantial force in our industry.
Lead the production Handling, Packaging, and Load-Out (HPLO) department in organizing, tracking, and implementing in-bound and out-bound freight handling processes for all company projects and operations.
Regular tasks, include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the daily activities of all HPLO department personnel including drivers
- Engage and disengage crew and drivers based on the needs of the company
- Ensure HPLO employees work in a safe manner limiting injury to themselves, fellow employees, company property and damage to goods
- Oversee the use of drivers to support the activities of project management, production management and others.
- Attend and schedule meetings as required to understand and plan for, the needs of product in production to help plan and provide support for, the critical path movement of product through the plant
- Plan and prepare for all shipping needs both domestic and international
- Cube loads for best fit in trucking equipment
- Provide for and direct HPLO personnel in the crating, palletizing, and/or cribbing of all products for its safe and timely transport. This includes, but is not limited to, load planning, crate design and fabrication and ordering material needs, within budget constraints
- Source, negotiate, engage and foster relationships with freight carriers and shippers in the critical path scheduling and subsequent delivery of ADKS products and materials, both inbound and outbound, in accordance with budgeted allocations
- Check and submit completed shipping inventories, photo documentation, and carrier information to all applicable parties in a timely fashion upon completion of load outs
- Ensure that all inbound shipments arrive complete and undamaged. Document and report all damage to received goods to the appropriate Foreman or Manager
- Produce all Bills of Lading, shipping manifests, inventories and other pertinent shipping documents
- Provide support to the company for set-up and strike of non-production related activities such as company meetings and special events
- Maintain and improve HPLO departmental tooling, radios and shop dock areas such as docks 1-5, back dock area
- Implement and improve HPLO SOP to increase communication, efficiency and safety
- Inspect all production equipment including but not limited to ADKS company vehicles, fork trucks, and manual lifts for safe and reliable operational standards and report concerns to Safety Officer in a timely manner
- Work with other departmental Foremen, Project Managers, and Production Managers to help plan and strike tech operations
- Help oversee and provide support for ongoing plant improvements, upgrades, space usage, and storage
- Identify training resources appropriate for the improvement of HPLO department employees
- Contract, move, and manage loading of storage trailers used by ADKS as well as inventory and photo documentation of contents. This includes periodical inspections and archiving of documentation for timely retrieval in coordination with project management and production management
- Maintain work order budgets, schedules and cost over-runs in conjunction with production management and or project management
- Coordinate with Foremen and Production Managers to identify finished goods for green tagging and final quality control check
- Clean and identify damage, defects and irregularities, prior to shipment and notify appropriate production management and project management
- Track and report line item HPLO and shipping expenses as they appear in each work order.
- Understand and follow the work rules stated in the Agreement between ADKS and IATSE Local 524 and ADKS Company Policy
- Engage and disengage HPLO department employees as required
- Check for accuracy, and report weekly HPLO payroll to accounting office by 10AM each Monday.
- Determine HPLO material needs for each work order and submit list to purchasing agent or designated production buyer
- Box, prep, ship, receive, and distribute small packages and manage priority shipment activity in accordance with company needs including UPS, FED EX, and other overnight delivery services
- Inspect all outgoing shipments for hazardous material and identify and source pertinent SDS documents in conjunction with production personnel
- Contract LTL Shipments Company wide
- Obtain pricing as needed to support ADK’s sales efforts
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Director of Production and Production Managers
Reports directly to:
To assist in planning and scheduling the best use of the shop space. Interface and cooperate with other foremen, managers, and installers as needed to achieve the timely movement and positioning of raw material, as well as partially, and fully completed product in the allotted time for the designated profit.
- Vacation: 10 days annually, prorated down for calendar year one. After 3 years an additional day of vacation is added annually up to a total of 15 days of vacation.
- Participation in company medical, dental, and vision insurance plan, following 90 Days of employment.
- Participation in the company’s Long Term Disability Insurance following 1 year of employment. This is at no cost to the employee.
- Participation in ADKS 401K plan following 90 days of continuous employment and then at open enrollment.
- Participation in the ADKS Profit Sharing Plan following 3 years of employment and then at open enrollment.
This salaried position will be headquartered out of Argyle, New York (1 hour north of Albany and 30 minutes from Saratoga Springs).
Adirondack Studios is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for this full time, hourly position without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are sure you will find Adirondack Studios an amazing place to work and look forward to hearing from you.