Adirondack Studios looks to add an energetic and artistic Metal Fabricator to our growing team. This team member must be a problem solver and hold proficiency to assist in building themed scenic elements for a variety of entertainment projects including but not limited to Opera, Theme Park, Museum, Public Art and Live Entertainment. This is a great opportunity to use your welding and metal fabrication skill set to bring smiles to people’s faces.
- Ability to read blueprints, sketches, shop and construction drawings and extract information including material requirements and dimensions
- Proficient understanding of wire, MIG and TIG welding. Structural welding knowledge a plus
- Form, bend and weld armatures and other custom creative fabrications and build/repair scenic elements
- Understand material properties of mild steel, stainless steel, marine grade stainless steel and aluminum
- Ability to custom fabricate, solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Use tools such as drill press, band saw, punch press, bar/pipe bender and grinders. Operation of large sheers, presses and plasma cutter a plus
- Ability to carry out both simple and complex verbal instruction
- Work from ladders and aerial work platforms
- Operate chain hoist, and rigging to safely move materials
- Perform layout preparation using standard measurement tools
- Ability to work in a safe, positive manner showing respect to others and contributing to the team
- Takes work direction from Production Manager and senior level staff members
- Maintain professional conduct at all times
- Perform & delegate general labor tasks, in an efficient and safe manner and other duties as assigned
- Proper PPE usage: Own your own Hood and Gloves/Leathers
- Follows established safety procedures, safety requirements and equipment guidelines
- Assist with loading product for shipment when necessary
- Adhere to safety requirements and equipment guidelines at all times
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Efficient use of materials/supplies
- Handle equipment in a responsible manner
- Ability to problem solve
- High school education or G.E.D. and/or one year certificate from college or technical school; or minimum three to six months related experience and/or training
- Preferred current certification, or able to be certified in 30 days, in MIG/TIG welding on stainless, mild steel & aluminum
- Ability to calculate figures and apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Requires a broad knowledge of mechanics, metal properties, welding techniques and maintenance procedures and practices
- There are physical requirements associated with this position. Work environment is that of a typical production facility
BENEFITS INCLUDE (FULLTIME):
- Vacation Accrual: 4% of hourly compensation accumulated annually, payable in March of each year or within 30 days of end of employment. Accrual begins after initial 1000 hours worked.
- Participation in ADK Studios 401K plan following 90 days of employment and then at quarterly enrollment periods.
- Health Insurance offered to fulltime employees following a standard waiting period.
This position will be located in Orlando Florida, 10 minutes north of Orlando International Airport. Shift is anticipated as Monday – Friday 6:30am – 2:45pm. Occasional overtime as required.
Adirondack Studios is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for this full time, hourly position without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
ADKS is always ready to meet talented and enthusiastic people to help us grow our business! We accept applications and portfolios at any time.
We are sure you will find Adirondack Studios an amazing place to work and we look forward to hearing from you.