Adirondack Studios (ADKS) is hiring for our growing Project Management department and is looking for individuals with experience in a supporting project management role for scenic entertainment environments and who have a track record of taking ownership and delivering. If you are an experienced assistant looking to grow in a familiar field, Adirondack Studios wants to hear from you.
Our company designs, builds, and installs the scenic and themed environments you experience in venues that range from theme parks to casinos, museums, live shows, retail, and public art. We have been in business since 1975 and our work is seen worldwide. This is rewarding work with a company that is a substantial force in our industry.
Primary obligation: Provide administrative, logistical and clerical support to the Project Management department.
Regular tasks, include, but are not limited to:
- Provide Project Coordinator support to the PM Department, including:
- Assist with the submitting, uploading, downloading and tracking of RFI’s and Submittals to and from clients.
- Assist with the organization of drawing packages
- Assist with creating and maintaining element matrices
- Assist with creating and maintaining budget trackers
- Attend meetings for note taking and distribution
- Write PORs as required
- Write travel requests for Department personnel as required
- Write shipping requests and bring to the shipping department. (for project needs and department needs)
- Other tasks as assigned by the Project Manager
- Writing or assisting in deal memos that are in accordance to the policy
- Completing and sending in timesheets.
- Must be experienced in Microsoft suites. (Outlook, Teams and Word primarily)
- Knowledge in how to operate a printer, copier and fax machine.
- Provide Administrative support to the PM Department, including
- If required, act as Meeting chairperson to setup meetings, including video and teleconference resources.
- Assist the VP Project Management with the scheduling and coordinating of meetings within the department.
- Keeping track of PM’s travel, vacation or remote working on calendar.
- Keeping track of PM’s classes or additional trainings. (Schedule as needed).
- Status Reporting
- Back up for analysis report and sending out CTC as needed.
- Changing or adding PM to a project.
- Removing (or adding back on) projects from being reported.
- Understanding of folder structures; ability to know where documents are kept.
- Maintaining the PM O drive folder as needed.
- On Boarding to the PM Department
- Send first day information, assist on First day (tour, introductions, desk set up, etc.)
- Review On boarding list and send reading materials that pertain to the company.
- Schedule meetings for the on boarding list.
- Sending out reminders to the department as needed. (ADK closed days, holiday, snow storms etc.)
- Create team building events (lunch in meeting room or outside after hours)
- Provide Administrative support to the company, if requested by the VP – Project Management, including:
- Executive Assistant Back up
- Book Travel per company policy and guidelines
- Prepare Travel Itineraries and distribute to travelers
- Assist with Visitor planning and preparation prior to visitors arriving at the Argyle Facility.
- Ordering food and setting it up for the luncheon.
- Executive Assistant Back up
- Updating templates and protocol as needed.
Collaborative Responsibility: ADK Orlando, Pasadena, Dubai, Malaysia and China office personnel. Reports directly to: Vice President Project Management and works in conjunction with: Executives, Project Directors and Managers, Branch Office personnel.
- Vacation Accrual: 4% of hourly compensation accumulated annually, payable within 30 days of termination of employment, or in March of each year.
- Participation in company health insurance plan upon 90 days of continuous full-time employment.
- Participation in company’s long-term disability insurance following 6 months of employment
- Participation in ADKS 401K plan following 1 year of continuous full-time employment
- Participation in the ADKS Profit Sharing Plan and/or its successor plan(s) following 2 years of continuous full-time employment
- Participation in company sponsored training and education programs as necessary.
- Reimbursement for all authorized travel, living, and entertainment expenses incurred on behalf of ADK Studios business activities and interests.
This hourly position will be headquartered out of Argyle, New York (1 hour north of Albany and 30 minutes from Saratoga Springs).
Adirondack Studios is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for this full time, hourly position without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Include in your resume the title of the last book you read and a one to two line synopsis of your selected book.
We are sure you will find Adirondack Studios an amazing place to work and look forward to hearing from you.