We design, build, and install the scenic and themed environments you experience in venues that range from theme parks to casinos, museums, live shows, retail, and public art. We have been in business for over 45 years and our work is seen worldwide. This is rewarding work with a company that is a substantial force in our industry.
Adirondack Studios seeking an additional Senior Estimator.
The successful candidate will review and check the accuracy and appropriateness of cost estimates for all ADKS projects based on understanding of scope of work, design drawings, and specifications including all addenda and/or alternatives identified by the client and ADKS.
Regular tasks include but are not limited to:
- Review and understand Scope of Work, design drawings and specifications related to specific projects in order to form a complete cost estimate.
- Consultation on design and fabrication strategies on all incoming RFP packages to understand the scope of work.
- Critically analyze bid documents and understand risk and opportunities and articulate those to the sales team and management
- Shows creativity and resourcefulness to gain better pricing from ADKS groups, subcontractors and suppliers
- Performs technical/plan review when required
- Assists in developing RFP packages for vendor Pricing
- Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations
- Solicits and analyzes subcontractor and vendor pricing input
- Review estimation efforts regarding overall project needs and time frame
- Discuss with Executives, Directors, and Managers any aspects of a project that may be extraordinary in order to gain a complete understanding of the requirements of a project.
- Review and confirm that all estimates were priced using standard estimating tools utilized by Adirondack Studios. Improve and advance such tools as may benefit the Company.
- During estimating process consider alternative processes or materials that could contribute to Value Engineering of project and give the Company a better opportunity to contract the work.
- Assist Sales personnel in preparing final Bid Proposal and any subsequent Value Engineering strategy to secure contract
- Gather and monitor actual cost vs. estimated cost, maintaining project cost history
- Maintain materials cost list for estimating and potential vendor database and catalogue library of standard materials and extraordinary products
- Monitor and store cost estimates to improve efficiency of future pricing.
- Support for salesperson with regard to client questions and concerns related to design and fabrication as related to methods and materials.
- Identify design and fabrication challenges and risks and propose alternate methods and materials.
- Develop cost reduction and value engineered strategies while maintaining quality and client expectations.
- Drive improvement, efficiency and effectiveness into all methodologies and deliverables.
- Contribute to client, staff and production meetings as required.
- Travel for presentation and development meetings and other company business as required.
- Bachelor of Science in Construction Management, Engineering, (or equivalent work experience) with 5+ years of preconstruction/estimating and/or operations experience on specialty commercial construction projects
- Knowledgeable of the following: specialty design and fabrication techniques, civil/site construction, foundation and structural systems, miscellaneous metals, casework, doors, interior finishes, exterior building wall systems, mechanical and electrical systems and the costs of these systems
- Attention to detail
- Able to manage multiple projects concurrently with ability to multitask
- Knowledge and efficiency in the following Software: Microsoft Office, Bluebeam, AutoCAD 3D,
- Strong computer skills including the ability to use of spreadsheets, bid management, online plan rooms and database applications and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook)
- Possess good organizational skills and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Resourceful and diligent in seeking solutions to problems and adapting to new situations
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Participation in company medical, dental, and vision insurance plan, following 90 Days of employment. Option for a zero-cost medical plan for the employee and his/her family. (employee is responsible for the deductible). Also 2 other medical plan options.
- Participation in company’s Long Term Disability Insurance following 6 months of employment. This is at no cost to the employee.
- Participation in ADKS 401K plan following 1 year of continuous employment and then at open enrollment.
- Participation in the ADKS Profit Sharing Plan following 3 years of employment.
This position is located in Argyle, NY which is 1 hour north of Albany, NY and 30 minutes from Saratoga Springs, NY.
Adirondack Studios encourages diverse applicants to apply.
We are sure you will find Adirondack Studios an amazing place to work and look forward to hearing from you.