Adirondack Studios (ADKS) is hiring an experienced Technical Designer with a track record of taking ownership and delivering! We continue to grow and need additional Technical Designers.
Our company designs, builds, and installs the scenic and themed environments you experience in venues that range from theme parks to casinos, museums, live shows, retail, and public art. We have been in business for over 45 years and our work is seen worldwide. This is rewarding work with a company that is a substantial force in our industry.
Desired skills and expertise:
- Technical designer fulfills project requirements such as shop drawings, models, narratives, sketches, and engineering documentation.
- Training or employment in fields such as technical theater or themed entertainment is required.
- Familiarity with theatrical fabrication methods and materials.
- Work collaboratively with the technical design team, third party engineers, ADKS production and creative departments, clients, and vendors.
- Solid base of experience in AutoCAD and Inventor is desired.
- Experience working in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel).
- Strong visual, verbal, and written communication skills are required.
- Vacation Accrual
- Participation in company medical, dental, and vision insurance plan, following 90 Days of employment.ADKS offers 3 different levels of Medical Insurance. Our lowest tier insurance only costs the employee $7 per week for family coverage.
- Participation in the company’s Long Term Disability Insurance following 6 months of employment. This is at no cost to the employee.
- Participation in ADKS 401K plan following 1 year of continuous employment and then at open enrollment.
- Participation in the ADKS Profit Sharing Plan following 3 years of employment and then at open enrollment.
Please Submit: Resume, Portfolio (or website), Cover Letter, and three references when applying.
This position will be headquartered out of Argyle, New York (1 hour north of Albany and 30 minutes from Saratoga Springs).
Adirondack Studios is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for this full time, hourly position without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are sure you will find Adirondack Studios an amazing place to work and look forward to hearing from you.