Adirondack Studios (ADKS) is hiring an experienced Design Art Director with a track record of taking ownership and delivering!
Our company designs, builds, and installs the scenic and themed environments you experience in venues that range from theme parks to casinos, museums, live shows, retail, and public art. We have been in business for over 45 years and our work is seen worldwide. This is rewarding work with a company that is a substantial force in our industry.
The ideal candidate will take the helm of the creative design division of our Adirondack Studios Middle East Office located in Dubai, UAE, providing design guidance to an extremely talented team who are known for exceptional productions. We are looking for someone who will bring a mix of artistic vision and brand focus on behalf of ADKS and its clients. We want an experienced designer/manager, who can inspire and be inspired by others and will take our creative efforts to the next level. The perfect candidate will have a natural eye for storytelling and design as well as a passion for delivering dynamic ideas that connect with audiences and clients.
- Oversee the design art direction of ADKS projects in the Middle East
- Work with existing and future staff including hiring, training, assigning, scheduling, and mentoring staff
- Establish design department standards for production, productivity, quality, and client service
- Ensure team adheres to current processes, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement, and proposing and creating processes and tools to support design operations
- Collaborate with marketing and sales divisions in identifying and building strong client relationships including development of design approach, planning, and scope of service objectives with future clients
- Develop presentation approaches, styles, and techniques following the ADKS brand for the team to implement
- A successful candidate will have opportunity to grow within the role and oversee future growth of the ADKS ME creative design team
- Work with the ADKS global creative team to establish a unified brand understanding and voice for the company, helming all creative innovation for ME office. Conceptualize project vision, develop through additional design materials, and maintenance of quality standard through subsequent design and production phases
- Delegate projects to in-house designers and assist in managing outsourced design firms
- Role is client-facing. Individual will be responsible for ideation and presentation of new creative concepts on behalf of client as well as direct responsibility in the ownership, improvement, and successful design implementation of client-provided design ideas
- Advocate for design choices with production staff and production art directors in the fabrication of approved designs
- Present or oversee presentation of final concepts and coordinate production and dissemination for cross-organizational projects
- Coordination with ADKS USA and other divisions as needed
- Working in conjunction with business development staff in the acquisition of new clients and projects and the development of a market for creative design in the Middle East
- Develop creative briefs based on ideas established in brainstorming sessions with direction, schedules, and expected deliverables related to design and overall project delivery
- Bachelor’s degree in fine art, Theater arts, Architecture or similar design field or commensurate work experience
- 4+ years working experience as a designer. Prior management and/or art direction experience is a plus
- Proficiency with design software, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Rhinoceros 3d, SketchUp, AutoCAD or similar programs
- Strong organizational, planning and interpersonal skills
- Strong creative vision with abilities to implement
- Pay period will be monthly, on the 1st of the month following the working period. Any partial months will be calculated on an equivalent daily rate
- Vacation will be in line with UAE regulations – 22 working days Annual Leave
- Medical coverage will be in line with UAE regulations
- Holidays will be in line with UAE regulations
- Allowance for Annual Flight to home country be provided per UAE regulations
- End of service gratuity per UAE regulations
- Standard work week is Monday – Friday
This position will be headquartered out of our Dubai, UAE facility.
Adirondack Studios is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for this full time position without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you or someone you know is interested in this position, please contact Human Resources – email@example.com. We are sure you will find Adirondack Studios an amazing place to work and look forward to hearing from you.