We design, build, and install the scenic and themed environments you experience in venues that range from theme parks to casinos, museums, live shows, retail, and public art. We have been in business since 1975 and our work is seen worldwide. This is rewarding work with a company that is a substantial force in our industry.
We have a need for several scenic artists of various levels for the foreseeable future. The work is either painting pieces of scenery in a shop, or painting of themed environments in the field. ADKS is willing to consider part time, but full time is preferred. Hours are typically M-F 7am – 3:30 pm, but with a potential for overtime.
- Paint varied surfaces (ex. graining, aging, textures) to match existing or envisioned surfaces.
- Perform layout, theming, and painting of various surfaces taking direction from managers and/or interpretation of conceptual/creative drawings.
- Perform brush techniques and conventional spraying, fades and blending.
- Documentation of paints and procedures used/applied.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience with thematic/scenic painting, preparation, and finishing.
- Knowledge of epoxy, urethane, and polyester primers a plus.
- Familiarity of Matthew’s paint system including mixing and spraying a plus.
BENEFITS INCLUDE (FULLTIME EMPLOYEES):
- Vacation Accrual: 4% of hourly compensation accumulated annually, payable in March of each year or within 30 days of end of employment. Accrual begins after initial 1000 hours worked.
- Participation in ADK Studios 401K plan following 90 days of employment and then at quarterly enrollment periods.
- Health Insurance offered to fulltime employees following a standard waiting period.
This position is located in Orlando, Florida, but there is opportunity to travel on a project by project basis.
Adirondack Studios is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for this full time hourly position without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are sure you will find Adirondack Studios an amazing place to work and we look forward to hearing from you.