Vice President of Administration
Adirondack Studios (ADKS), a world leader in the design, fabrication and installation of entertainment, retail and cultural experiences, and with offices in upstate New York, Pasadena, Orlando, Dubai and Shanghai, is searching for an experienced Vice President of Administration to help guide the company through a period of dynamic global growth.
Working in conjunction with ADKS’ Executives, Vice Presidents and Directors, the Vice President of Administration will oversee all areas of the company’s US-based corporate administrative groups (Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, IT, Contracts, Travel & Hospitality, Facility Maintenance and Safety Management). The overall expectations of this role include furthering the mission, goals and growth strategy of ADKS, driving collaboration and solution-mining across the company’s departments, leading and supporting company-wide initiatives, fostering ADKS as a global services company and managing department budgets with a focus on efficiency and profitability. Essential to this position is a commitment to professional service, ethical business practice, quality assurance and exceptional customer support. This position reports directly to the President.
Finance & Accounting
- Ensures the Finance & Accounting group operates ethically, fiscally responsibly and accurately
- Researches, develops and institutes data-driven reports that inform other company groups toward better fiscal decisions
- Oversight of the annual budget and financial analysis pertaining to revenue and cost drivers within the organization
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, local and organizational laws, regulations, guidelines and best practices, including but not limited to tax laws, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and industry standards
- Analyzes and assesses financial business risk and drives business toward year-end profit
- Supports ADKS Global Financial team as needed
- Oversees contract administration for the company’s binding obligations, including annual insurance needs, CCIP obligations, project specific needs and contract requirements
- Participates in union negotiations
- Ensures all corporate contracts are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Directs all human resources activities, including employee relations, compensation, employee benefits and related activities, with the assistance of the HR Specialist
- Administers employee Learning & Development programs to achieve a high-performance culture
- Assesses company programs for commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Accessibility with the goal of promoting equitable treatment of employees and candidates
Travel & Hospitality
- Reviews travel and hospitality requirements, including employee and candidate travel as well as guest housing needs at the Argyle location
- Ensures timely and cost-effective travel booking protocols in compliance with business needs
- Administers company’s Information Technology initiatives and infrastructure
- Reviews, assesses and institutes software and hardware solutions that support all company entities
- Researches new technologies and systems that will increase efficiency and facilitate better company communication
- Oversees all company data security requirements
- Effectively manages the annual Information Technology budget
Facility Maintenance Department & Safety Management
- Supervises the Argyle Facility Maintenance Department and provides direction in line with company priorities, budgets and local, state and federal safety programs and standards
- Ensures all ADKS facilities remain compliant (local, state and federal) for the safety and health of employees
- Minimum 10+ years’ progressive leadership experience, including executive-level leadership in administration/operations
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience leading and sourcing cross-functional teams, including but not limited to finance & accounting, human resources, IT and facilities management
- Ability to successfully collaborate with a broad spectrum of clients, team members and external consultants (legal, financial, IT, etc.)
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills so as to garner ADKS the most favorable financial and contractual terms possible; experience negotiating labor agreements a plus
- An empathetic leader with strong listening and communication skills and a reputation for diplomacy
- Solid business acumen with a proven track record of strategic thinking, analytical, problem solving and risk assessment skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and capable of balancing frequently shifting priorities
- Valid passport with flexibility and willingness to travel among ADKS’ US and global offices if/as necessary
- Paid vacation
- Personal time accrued at one hour for every 30 hours worked
- Participation in company medical, dental, and vision insurance plan following 90 Days of employment.
- Participation in the company’s Long Term Disability Insurance following 12 months of employment. This is at no cost to the employee.
- Participation in ADKS 401K plan following 90 Days of continuous employment and then at open enrollment.
- Participation in the ADKS Profit Sharing Plan following 3 years of continuous employment and then at open enrollment.
Salary Range – $150 – $170K per year. Please submit: Resume, cover letter and three references when applying.
This position will be headquartered out of Argyle, New York (1 hour north of Albany and 30 minutes from Saratoga Springs).
Adirondack Studios is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for this full time, salary position without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.