Vice President of Project Delivery
Adirondack Studios (ADKS), a world leader in the design, fabrication and installation of entertainment, retail and cultural experiences, and with offices in upstate New York, Pasadena, Orlando, Dubai and Shanghai, is searching for an experienced Vice President of Project Delivery to ensure that all ADKS projects are completed on time, on budget and with a consistent standard of excellence.
Working in conjunction with ADKS’ Executives, Vice Presidents and Directors, the Vice President of Project Delivery will organize and direct the company’s Project Delivery Group to meet project budgets, schedules and quality. They will also formulate strategies for procuring project work from all ADKS entities and external subcontractors that support the company goals and mission with input from other ADKS groups. The overall expectations of this role include furthering the overall growth strategy of ADKS, driving collaboration and solution-mining across the company’s departments, leading and supporting company-wide initiatives and fostering ADKS as a global services company of the highest caliber. Essential to this position is a commitment to professional service, ethical business practice, quality assurance and exceptional customer support. This position reports directly to the President.
Supervises: Project Delivery Group
- Conceptualizes, plans and organizes the execution of projects
- Directs all project management and project sourcing activities
- Oversees project contract negotiation and preparation
- Ensures all projects follow established recording, communication and tracking procedures
- Creates and maintains data analytics systems that facilitate the proper tracking and assessment of project schedules, budgets and exposures
- Develops, implements and enforces the use of comprehensive project management protocols, strategies and best practices to ensure consistency and excellence in project execution
- Leads and mentors project directors and managers with emphasis on learning, development, training, skill acquisition and advancement
- Reviews and assesses all resource allocation strategies
- Supports the identification of risks and mitigation strategies to minimize potential impacts on project success
- Oversees project status reporting and the execution of corrective actions
- Facilitates post-project evaluations and lessons learned sessions to identify areas for improvement
- Provides communication briefings/status updates to senior management and relevant parties
- Ensures that the Project Delivery Group meets established annual budgets
- Supports Sales and Business Development in pre-sale activities, then subsequently through sale and commissioning of projects
- Minimum 10+ years’ progressive project management/production leadership experience; preferably in the entertainment or commercial construction sectors; experience supervising union labor a plus
- Extensive knowledge of Project Management industry contracts, tools, software and practices
- Proven track record of establishing and maintaining positive relationships with clients and partners
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills so as to garner ADKS the most favorable contractual terms possible
- An empathetic leader with strong listening and communication skills, a reputation for diplomacy and a commitment to the ongoing professional growth of their team members
- Solid business acumen with a proven track record of strategic thinking, problem solving and risk assessment skills
- Ability to monitor and assess project performance metrics to facilitate data-driven decisions
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and capable of balancing frequently shifting priorities
- Ability to foster a respectful and inclusive culture within the Project Delivery Group toward continuous improvement
- Valid passport with flexibility and willingness to travel to ADKS’ global offices and project sites as necessary
- Paid vacation
- Personal time accrued at one hour for every 30 hours worked
- Participation in company medical, dental, and vision insurance plan following 90 Days of employment.
- Participation in the company’s Long Term Disability Insurance following 12 months of employment. This is at no cost to the employee.
- Participation in ADKS 401K plan following 90 Days of continuous employment and then at open enrollment.
- Participation in the ADKS Profit Sharing Plan following 3 years of continuous employment and then at open enrollment.
Salary Range – $150 – $170K per year. Please submit: Resume, cover letter and three references when applying.
This position will be headquartered out of Argyle, New York (1 hour north of Albany and 30 minutes from Saratoga Springs).
Adirondack Studios is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for this full time, salary position without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.